Ever since my latest paint project here  my confidence with my paint brush is soaring to try new things, to be bold, to be daring, to go places I have never been before.

So I took a chance with my built in shelves in my breakfast area and painted them to "lighten" up the space. This was a fairly daunting project for me, because unlike a piece of furniture that you paint and don't like the way it turns out, I couldn't just put a blanket over it and stick it in storage. 
This was a 'no turning back now' event and I was making my move during the course of several long days, sweaty palms, contingency planning and the occasional raised eyebrow from my husband . 
And what a move it turned out to be. It turned out better then I expected and created just the look that I had envisioned for this space.
A move I have no regrets making, and would make again if presented with the same situation.
and to hopefully have the same outcome.

Hmmm....... I wonder what's next?
Click here for the full room reveal.
Are you a risk taker with painting movable furniture or with permanent pieces?
PS- Just for the record. This was the largest piece of "fixed" furniture that I have ever painted and I am sure it will not be the last!
PPS- for this project I used ASCP in Old White ( 2 coats)  and clear wax.

Grateful for~
A good life 
Lunch with Girlfriends

        Want Top This Top That delivered directly to your inbox?
It’s easy!  Just enter your e-mail address.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top